List domains on a windows network?

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Thu Sep 9 04:10:13 EDT 2004

[jakasspinguino at hotmail.com]
| I'm looking for a way to enumerate the domains within my network.  I
| can find functions within the win32net library to enumerate computers
| within a given domain, but is there a way I can get a list of the
| domains themselves?

Just in case no-one knows the answer straight off...

If you can present the answer from a Win32 perspective (eg by searching
MSDN or tech articles and finding someone's non-Python solution) you're
more likely to get some help from people who are conversant in Python
with Win32 but who've never tackled this particular issue.

I suspect the answer will involve Active Directory, assuming your
setup uses it.

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk