Economic considerations

Jorge Godoy godoy at ieee.org
Thu Sep 16 22:49:24 EDT 2004

claird at lairds.us (Cameron Laird) writes:

> Incidentally, my expert sources emphasize to me that GIMP still
> has a long way to go before it effectively rivals Photoshop.

I've been told that too.  Maybe because I'm not into the graphics area I
think it works pretty well :-)  There are other tools such as SodiPodi,
too...

In fact, we might already have tools to do everything Photoshop does.
The difference is that we try to keep it simple (KISS) and bundle
several specialized tools, while Photoshop tries to be a swiss army
knife, bundling everything together.

I'm hearing more the FUD of "I want to use Linux but then I have to use
one thousand commands and programs to get the same results I get with
<proprietary program> on <proprietary OS>".

--
Godoy.     <godoy at ieee.org>