Xah Lee's Unixism

Alan Balmer albalmer at att.net
Fri Sep 3 18:14:55 EDT 2004

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 15:24:46 -0600, Anne & Lynn Wheeler
<lynn at garlic.com> wrote:

>fist stage:
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-IC
>
>is 138ft ... about the same length as the assembled shuttle booster
>rocket ... but 33ft in diameter. can you imagine the saturn v first
>stage being built someplace in 40ft sections .... as well as down
>its length 40ft long section down the length ... sort of like a pie
>... say 8ths ... what is the straight line between the end points for
>1/8th arc of a 33ft diamter circle ...

I don't really know what imagination has to do with the question. I
can imagine it being carved into 1277 pieces, but won't offer that as
a meaningful argument.

Here in Arizona, we recently had a transformer delivered. On a 800,000
pound, 280 foot long rig. By highway. No barges involved.

As for the reference to Hatch, that's exactly what the OP was writing
about.

I apologize for not having the time to read and research your comments
properly, so if it seems that I'm just picking on your logic, or lack
thereof, you are correct.

--
Al Balmer
Balmer Consulting