has anyone done a blog or forum engine in python?

Mark Rowe bdash at gmx.net
Mon Sep 6 19:13:11 EDT 2004

On Sep 7, 2004, at 12:45 AM, googleboy wrote:

> I am looking at implementing a blog and a forum for a personal
> website.  I am also beginning to look at growing my programming skills
> from newbie/mediocre to intermedaitely servicable and want to continue
> doing this focussing on python.

I've recently developed a Python-based blogging system named Snurf
(<http://bdash.bluewire.net.nz/2004/08/02/snurf-a-python-based-
blogging-system/>).  I've tried to KISS when writing Snurf as my
previous attempts along similar lines have ended up being
over-engineered.  The current version uses the file system as the data
store, but it is designed so that adding, eg. a database backend,
should be relatively simple.

While I have not officially "released" Snurf yet, the source code is
available from my Subversion repository at
<http://bdash.bluewire.net.nz/svn/snurf/trunk/>.  See
<http://bdash.bluewire.net.nz/2004/08/28/snurf-source-available-via-
subversion/> for more information on obtaining the source.

Regards,

Mark Rowe