unexplained behavior of tkMessageBox.askyesno

Jeremy Bowers jerf at jerf.org
Tue Sep 7 16:18:49 EDT 2004

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 21:43:02 +0200, Peter Kleiweg wrote:
> If I have used openProject(), the function makeClean() always
> prints 'False', no matter what I choose.

If I had to guess, I'd say the problem is that you aren't using Tk
correctly. You really need to run

root = Tk()
root.mainloop()

to be confident everything will work as advertised. Which means you'll
need to re-structure your program a bit.

Tk, as GUI toolkits go, is surprisingly effective without its mainloop
running; many GUI toolkits won't even get that far. However, in my
experience, you'll get random-seeming failures from anything that requires
events to work properly, and "mouse clicking" is an event.