compiling to python byte codes

Maurice LING mauriceling at acm.org
Sun Sep 5 19:33:53 EDT 2004

Probably my question should be phrased as, given what x86/PPC processors
are register-based (even after more than a decade from the publication
of the book "Stack Machines - the new wave") and there isn't much
examples of stack-based processors, why is there a difference? It seems
wierd to me that if stack-based machines (physical processors or VMs)
are so good, why hadn't the processor engineering caught up?

You've totally missed my question but thanks anyway, I've learnt. My
actual question had been partially answered.

Thanks