Xah Lee's Unixism

CBFalconer cbfalconer at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 9 15:41:01 EDT 2004

Chuck Dillon wrote:

... snip ...

> It's easy to say we *don't* need but not so easy to demonstrate.
> You don't even offer a hand wave attempt at articulating an
> alternative. In the political world everything is subject to
> debate.  Taking the war to the middle east, increasing policing
> powers, increasing intelligence capabilities...  But in the real
> world there is a huge threat and action must be taken.

Must it?  I am not claiming that it must not, but that the matter
deserves more thought than a panic reaction.  The very first thing
to settle should be the objectives.  Then the means and costs of
achieving such can be considered.

--
"Churchill and Bush can both be considered wartime leaders, just
 as Secretariat and Mr Ed were both horses." -     James Rhodes.