age of Python programmers

Roel Schroeven rschroev_nospam_ml at fastmail.fm
Wed Sep 1 03:33:55 EDT 2004

William Stein wrote:
> nnes wrote:
>

>>JanC <usenet_spam at janc.invalid> wrote in message
>>news:<Xns954A5141FF84JanC at 213.118.38.197>...
>>
>>>Gerardo Herzig -Departamento de Proyectos Especiales e Internet- Facultad

>>>/me too (now 30 & started with ZX Spectrum Basic at 11)
>>
>>count another one, me too now 30 years, started with ZX Spectrum Basic at
>>11
>

> Me as well; I'm 30 years old and I started programming BASIC on the
> TI-99/4A.

Ah, the TI-99/4A, my first computer as well. First standard BASIC, then
Extended BASIC (you needed some kind of cartridge for that, like the
ones used for games). A few years later I made the step to the PC, an XT
at the time. A clone, but an advanced model: it could not only run at
4.77MHz, but using the turbo button also at 10MHz! I programmed in
GW-BASIC, since it was all I had (and knew). Later I got a Turbo Pascal
compiler from somewhere, so I learned Pascal.

Some Fortran at university, even later C, a (very tiny) bit of Perl;
C++, PHP, and finally Python.

--
"Codito ergo sum"
Roel Schroeven