Math errors in python

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 09:38:03 EDT 2004

Richard Hanson <me at privacy.net> wrote:

> Peter Otten wrote:
>
> > Paul Rubin wrote:
> >
> > > I haven't tried 2.4 yet.  After
> >
> > The auther is currently working on an installer, but just dropping it into
> > 2.3's site-packages should work, too.
>
> I just dropped decimal.py from 2.4's Lib dir into 2.3.4's Lib dir.
> Seems to work. Any gotchas with this route?

None that I know of.  Indeed, the author originally wanted to have that
approach as the one and only way to use decimal with 2.3, I just made
myself a nuisance to him insisting that many inexperienced Pythonistas
would have been frigthened to even try that, so finally he packaged
things up when he realized it would take less of his time than putting
up with yet another whining email from me;-).

Alex