Ranting about the state of Python IDEs for Windows

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 10:19:19 EDT 2004

Alex,

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:43:46 +0200, Alex Martelli <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Carlos Ribeiro <carribeiro at gmail.com> wrote:
> > PC just can't handle paths with slashes -- I had to pass backslashes
> > to all os.* calls. I never had this issue before, so I don't know if
> > it's my Windows version or Python's libray fault (I assume the
>
> I wonder if it's connected to using some specific internationalized
> version of Win98 SE, because, using US and Italian versions thereof, I
> had no problems whatsoever with this issue.

You're right. I *never* had this issue before. I'm sure that there's a
bug somewhere -- mainly because changing the slashes in DrPython code
to double-backslashes solved my problem -- but I'm still trying to
figure it out. I'm using Python 2.3.2 (not the latest and greatest
version, I know), because I'm normally very conservative with my
development tools. I'll try to reproduce it and post it to the list.

--
Carlos Ribeiro
Consultoria em Projetos
mail: carribeiro at gmail.com