"Debug Assertion Failed!" - TCL-Python_hardware...

Jayanthi, Satya Padmaja (Satya Padmaja) padmaja at agere.com
Thu Sep 16 08:01:08 EDT 2004

Hi :

I am facing with the following problem. Can anyone please give me some
ideas on how to solve it ?

I have a hardware, which can be controlled using TCL commands. I am
writing a python script which calls the relavant TCL commands and in
turn controls the hardware. I am using Tkinter as an interface to the
Python and TCL scripts.

The python script runs very well, without any problem. But, at the end
of the run, a window pops up with an error message. The message is as
follows:
	"Debug Assertion Failed !!!

	Program : F\Python23\python.exe
 	File : dbgheap.c
 	Line : 1044

 	Expression : _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)..."

My Python script looks something like this :

import Tkinter

root = Tkinter.Tk()
root.tk.eval('source tcl_file.tcl')
userName = 'abc'
root.tk.eval('Init_hardware %s' %(userName))

My TCL functions :

proc Init_hardware {userName} {
    load "hardware_name.dll" hardware_name_pkg

    # This line actually initializes the hardware
    hardware_name init -user userName
}

Any ideas will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.