[OT] Re: Ranting about the state of Python IDEs for Windows

Eric Brunel eric_brunel at despammed.com
Tue Sep 14 11:43:55 EDT 2004

Carlos Ribeiro wrote:
[snip]
> p.s. I know that there is another solution for this problem... but
> involves money (a lot of). Have a couple of big monitors (21',
> anyone?), side by side, and open as many windows as you wish. Position
> them where you want them to be, without overlapping. That's happiness
> :-)

You may not have to go as far as that: XDesk
(http://www.xdesksoftware.com/xdesk.html) allows you to create several virtual
desktops on the same screen on Windows, similar to the workspaces you can find
in many X window managers like KDE or WindowMaker. It's a commercial product,
but there's a free version; it has fewer functions, but is perfectly usable.

HTH