Compiling Python 2-3.4 on Tru64 UNIX V4.0F

Heuguette Bostic HBOSTIC at santeecooper.com
Tue Sep 7 12:02:22 EDT 2004

I am attempting to compile Python 2-3.4 on Tru64 UNIX V4.0F.  Whenever I issue the make command, the following errors are output:

 -pthread -ieee -std -Olimit 1500 -DNDEBUG -O -I. -I./Include  -DPy_BUILD_CORE  -c ./Modules/posixmodule.c -o Modules/posixmodule.o
cc: Warning: ./Modules/posixmodule.c, line 3007: "return" is an invalid preprocessor directive, and is being ignored. (baddirective)
#       return PyInt_FromLong((long)getpgrp(0));
--------^
cc: Error: ./Modules/posixmodule.c, line 3025: Missing ")". (norightparen)
#       if (setpgrp(0, 0) < 0)
-------------------^
cc: Warning: ./Modules/posixmodule.c, line 3016: Missing #endif directive. (noendif)
#ifdef HAVE_SETPGRP
-^
cc: Info: ./Include/objimpl.h, line 255: In this declaration, type long double has the same representation as type double on this platform. (longdoublenyi)
        long double dummy;  /* force worst-case alignment */
--------^
*** Exit 1
Stop.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help me resolve this problem?  Any help would be appreciated.

Sam

Confidentiality Notice:
This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately either by phone or reply to this e-mail, and delete all copies of this message.