PyODB a Python unixODBC API binding

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Sep 14 14:39:22 EDT 2004

Neil Moses wrote:
> I would like to announce the first release of PyODB a Python unixODBC
> API binding.
>
> PyODB is a Python module and provides a simplified set of bindings to
> unixODBC
> (http://www.unixodbc.org) allowing fast and easy development of open
> database
> applications.
>
> The module supports multiple database connections using a connection
> class and
> two methods execute() and fetch() to handle SQL queries. Disconnection
> from the
> database is automatic using the class destructor.
>
> My main aim in producing this software was to hide the complexities of
> the ODBC
> C API from the programmer and so simplify application development. I
> imagine this
> might appeal to people providing dynamic content on a web server or
> anyone who
> wished to experiment with ODBC in developing small applications.

Just wondering: didn't you know of the mxODBC Python extension ?

It's been around for almost 7 years now and provides a DB-API 2.0
interface to ODBC databases and managers (including Windows ODBC
manager, iODBC and unixODBC).

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Sep 14 2004)