Concurrency models and implementation concerns (was: socket function that loops AND returns something)

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Thu Sep 23 11:08:06 EDT 2004

In article <C9j2d.16227$QJ3.9153 at newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
Bryan Olson  <fakeaddress at nowhere.org> wrote:
			.
> > Do you intend that readers believe that it "is perfectly
> > reasonable" to design in terms of a single Python process
> > which manages up to "a thousand simultaneous *Python*
> > threads"?
>
>Yes.
Thank you for this and your other unambiguous clarifications.

My daily world includes several Win* boxes running on 100-200 MHz
*86 processors, with memory ranging from 32 Mb up.  Perhaps I
should make time during the next month to write and run a few
benchmarks applicable to my needs; I confess I haven't done so for
the case of a thousand simultaneous Python threads.
			.
			.
			.