python: ascii read

Sebastian Krause canopus at gmx.net
Thu Sep 16 08:31:01 EDT 2004

The input data is is large ascii file of astrophysical parameters
(integer and float) of gaydynamics calculations. They should be read in
as an array of integer and float numbers not as string (as open() and
read() does). Then the array is used to make different plots from the
data and do some (simple) operations: subtraction and divison of
columns. I am using Scipy with Python 2.3.x under Linux (SuSE 9.1).

Sebastian