open default MUA with a hyper link

Nemesis nem at nowhere.invalid
Tue Sep 7 02:41:59 EDT 2004

"Alex Martelli" wrote:

>> Thank you for the link.
>> I tried that syntax, but it seems that Internet Explorer
>> doesn't support multiline bodies :-/
>
> Your choice is then to either upgrade to a better browser (IE has been
> stagnant in features for years, resting on its laurels) or to drive IE
> more intimately and "proprietarily" -- with win32com you can probably
> make it turn somersaults, although your hair will whiten considerably
> while you learn how to do so.

Actually I use Firebird ;-)
I'm studying this syntax in order to implement it in XPN, the newsreader
I'm writing. I'd like to use it when the article has a

So I need a simple and multiplatform solution.

However I found that I can use an encoded form of the newline (%0A) that
works with IE (I haven't tried yet with different browsers).I think I'll
use the urllib.quote function in order to obtain this coding.

--
XPN :: http://xpn.altervista.org