Greenlets: where are they now???

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Sep 14 07:39:28 EDT 2004

michele.simionato at gmail.com (Michele Simionato) writes:

> Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> wrote in message news:<m37jqybc1m.fsf at pc150.maths.bris.ac.uk>...
> > "It is tough to make predictions, especially about the future."
> >          -- Yogi Berra
>
> I think I saw this attributed to Nils Bohr. Can somebody check?

Hmm.  I already had :) but googling just now found this page:

    http://www.larry.denenberg.com/predictions.html

which attributes variations on the above sentiment to just about
everyone you've ever heard of.

The phrasing above is certainly attributed to Yogi Berra pretty often.
Bohr is more likely to have the wildly different phrase:

    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future."

attributed to him :)

It's a fairly obvious thought, after all.

Cheers,
mwh

--
 "Sturgeon's Law (90% of everything is crap) applies to Usenet."
 "Nothing guarantees that the 10% isn't crap, too."