Python in a Nutshell for Python 2.4

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 07:58:03 EDT 2004

Raymond Hettinger <vze4rx4y at verizon.net> wrote:

> [Tuang]
> > Does anyone (esp. Alex, if you're listening) know if there is an
> > update of Python in a Nutshell coming for Python 2.4?
>
> I would say let the poor guy finish the Py2.4 Cookbook update first; afterall,
> he's only one man.  But now there are two Martelli's on the case, so you might
> be in luck ;-)

I have not yet negotiated with O'Reilly about a 2nd edition of the
Nutshell, but I do suspect they'll be quite happy letting me write one,
_after_, as RH says, the 2nd edition of the Cookbook (we're still
targeting March 2004 for that one).  Considering the times involved etc
etc, I believe it is out of the question for the 2nd edition of the
Nutshell to be in print in time for OSCON 2005 (==July 2005), alas.  So,
don't hold your breath: I believe it will be _at least_ a year from now
before you can buy the 2nd edition of the Nutshell in bookstores:-(.

Alex