Xah Lee's Unixism

jmfbahciv at aol.com jmfbahciv at aol.com
Thu Sep 9 09:07:05 EDT 2004

In article <413F43AC.9D2088AF at yahoo.com>,
   CBFalconer <cbfalconer at yahoo.com> wrote:
>jmfbahciv at aol.com wrote:
>> Alan Balmer <albalmer at att.net> wrote:

>>> Then why are so many people reaching so hard?
>>
>> It's apparently having the desired effect.  The subject of
>> the radio talk show last night was about the results of a poll
>> where 41% of the people asked (New York state residents) believed
>> that Bush and Co. knew that the WTC was going to be attacked and
>> did nothing to prevent it.  The Bush-bashing is working.  The
>> Democrats are opening the city gates to the barbarians.
>
>I deplore your tast in radio talk shows.

Oh!  Taste in talk shows.

> ..  It doesn't take much to
>create a rabble rousing poll to increase ratings.

I listen to them for data about how the rabble is thinking
and the logic they use to form their opinions.  I also
watch those religious cable TV shows to gather the same kinds
of information; note that I can only manage to listen to these
about 10 minutes and not more than once/year.  I also listen
to Rushie to see what kinds of lies that half of the world is
listening to.  I watch CSPAN who never cut out for commericals,
don't edit too much, and tend to leave the mike on after the
meetings break up.

>There is no need, nor cause, to impute Bush & Co. with
>intrinsically evil intentions.  It is quite enough to point to
>their lack of capability, and bull headed 'revenge for daddy'
>propensities.  The state of the economy, unemployment, poverty
>rate, medical care, deficit, death rate in Iraq (both of Americans
>and Iraqis), abandonment of the Bin Laden hunt, abridgement of
>civil liberties (as in the Patriot Act and the Gitmo gulag), poor
>choice of companions (Halliburton and other political donors and
>trough feeders, and the 'plausible deniability' of the Swiftboat
>gang), irritation of allies, inability to deal with North Korea
>(due to involvement with useless adventures), abandonment of
>efforts towards a Palestinian peace, all spring to immediate mind.

Well, your Bush-hater campaign is working beyond all your
expectations.  One day, you will have to live it.

>Yes, we have had no experience with a Kerry administration,

OH, fuckmeverymuch.  I am in Mass.  We do have some
experience of a Kerry administration.  For those you who don't,
watch how he runs his campaign.  He will run the country in the
same manner.

> .. but we
>have had far too much experience with a Bush administration.

Do you think that hiring a person who doesn't like to do
work will make things better?  Things can be worse..a lot
worse.

/BAH

Subtract a hundred and four for e-mail.