Ranting about the state of Python IDEs for Windows

Rob McCrea robmccrea at spaamadelphiaspremoveam.net
Tue Sep 14 14:37:50 EDT 2004

Istvan Albert wrote:
> Carlos Ribeiro wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:45:45 -0400, Rob McCrea
>

>>> My search for a good IDE ended years ago when I started learning C++,
>>> and found EditPlus, http://www.editplus.com/  --  $30, free 30 day trial
>

>> Reading your feature list, it seems to be missing project management,
>> or to put it simply, to be able to track down what files are part of
>> the project without the need to actually walk around the directory
>> tree to hunt them down. I'll check it out, nonetheless.
>

> It does have project management. EditPlus is my favorite editor
> and every time I try another IDE I find the EditPlus does some things
> so much better that I'll go back to it.
>
> Istvan

Yep, I did try to infer the project management when I mentioned I had a
tool for [execute "~thisproject.exe"], but my message certainly wasn
t well-composed :)

And Carlos, I am very curious about why you took the time to "de-spam"
my e-mail address when you sent the message to the group anyway.  But,
no need to satisfy my curiousity  :)

Hope you do find something which is right for you, which should be a key
point.  To each his own.

Rob