Question: tools for business apps development

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 07:54:24 EDT 2004

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 02:07:59 -0700, Larry Bugbee <bugbee at seanet.com> wrote:
> FWIW, I have removed Flash as have some other folks I know.  The reason
> is because we do not multi-task and cannot read the page with all the
> flashing and movement.  ...removed because there is no option to disable
> (yes, there are now a couple of Firefox extensions).

It occurred to me that the problem is not with Flash for itself. I'm
sure that good designers can do a lot of good stuff with Flash that
can't be done otherwise using DHTML or even XUL. The problem is that
is way too easy to abuse Flash.

I remember when IE started taking the market by storm, and in the
process added some annyong extensions to its own HTML version. The
worst ones were the blinking and the the "running text " (I forgot the
correct name for it now). All of a sudden almost every
I-know-HTML-and-I-pretend-to-be-a-geek website started using large
blinking red text right on the home page. Imagine what would happen if
Flash tools were more affordable...

--
Carlos Ribeiro
Consultoria em Projetos