XML documentation stinks - help?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Sep 1 12:05:51 EDT 2004

    Simon> I'm trying to evaluate XML on Python (to eventually use it with
    Simon> XML-RPC) as apposed to Perl.

There is no need that I'm aware of to understand how Python deals with XML
to use XML-RPC.  There is already an xmlrpclib module that hides all XML
details from its users, though to speed things up a bit I urge you to
install Fredrik Lundh's sgmlop module if you decide to use xmlrpclib.  Maybe
if you can describe what you mean by "use it with XML-RPC" we can help you
avoid XML nitty gritty altogether.

    Simon> Maybe I'm missing something, but even comp.lang.python.* seems to
    Simon> have no topics on XML in the past 3 years or so - has XML been
    Simon> deprecated and I've not heard about it yet?! ;o)

XML is no panacea.  I'm sure most of the denizens of c.l.py realize that and
keep their distance when they can. ;-)

Skip