Memory Error while constructing Compound Dictionary

Larry Bates lbates at swamisoft.com
Tue Sep 7 14:07:28 EDT 2004

You are asking Python to create 125,000,000
(yes that's 125 million) empty dictionaries.  The hash
(key) of the dictionary takes up at least a couple
of bytes, plus the amount of space taken up by an
empty dictionary object at each entry (125 million
of them).  I'm not surprised, adds up pretty quickly.

HTH,
Larry Bates
Syscon, Inc.

news:ccdb2248.0409070947.7f9e94ec at posting.google.com...