Unexpected Python Behavior

Andrea Griffini agriff at tin.it
Sun Sep 26 03:37:18 EDT 2004

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:48:37 +0100, Michael Hoffman
<m.h.3.9.1.without.dots.at.cam.ac.uk at example.com> wrote:

>I think you're missing the usefulness of this feature. Go back to the
>link you included and read the next paragraph, "This feature can be useful."

Given that now functions can have attributes, wouldn't be better
stop pushing ugly, risky and cryptic syntax for poor's man static ?
IMO one thing is backward compatibility, another is pushing the
uglyness in the future for no good reasons.

I am talking about the python docs that everywhere are apparently
advocating this approach for local cache implementation. Is this
doing any good for newbies approaching python ?

Or may be this is more pythonic ? If yes... why ?

Andrea