What about an EXPLICIT naming scheme for built-ins?

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 17:59:02 EDT 2004

[Andrew Dalke]
> With generators becoming more common it's been easier
> for me to remember that list() is the appropriate solution.
>
>   "There should be one -- and preferably only one --
>      obvious way to do it."
>
> Does that suggest that we should have had list() +
> generator comprehensions and not have list comprehensions?

Yup!  Don't try to horn in on my lucrative channelling business, but
Guido has already said that's The Plan for Python 3000.  Historically,
listcomps got in before generators (let alone gencomps), and I think
Guido must have misplaced one of the time machine power cells during
his move to California.