GUI Designer

Nick LaForge nicklaforge at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 00:56:38 EDT 2004

If you like GTK+, you might want to try the glade designer and parse
the XML file with libglade and pygtk.  (Generated code is bad)

Remember, glade generates XML.  XML is not code, XML is data.  And
data is not code.  As long as you stay away from generated code, you
will be safe.  Yup, the best of two worlds -- a graphical form
designer that stores information in XML data to be parsed by your own
python program.

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 07:41:22 +0400, Eugene Morozov <kaede.news at online.ru> wrote:
> Doug Holton <insert at spam.here> writes:
>
> > A.M wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> Do we have any OpenSource GUI designer for Python ?
> >
> > It depends on whether you are running Windows or Linux/Mac, and what
> > GUI toolkit you want to use (wxpython, qt, gtk, tkinter,
> > windows.forms, etc.).
> >
> > If you are on Linux, a good GUI builder you might try is QT
> > Designer. There is a Windows version, too, but you only use it for
> > non-commercial development.  See http://developers.coedit.net/QtKde
> >

> I think that Qt Designer is not the best choice.  For
> example if you want to add widget in already designed
> layout, you'll have to break all layouts first and
> start packing widgets from scratch.
> Eugene
>
> --
> Email: eugene @ renice.org