New to Python

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Sep 22 15:05:52 EDT 2004

Peter Hansen wrote:
> You might also say it's for the benefit of many of the old-timers
> who are here, providing the answers.  Any such who *haven't*
> taken the time to read it, 10000 words or not, should do so
> at the earliest opportunity.  It isn't perfect, but it could
> well save you some time, embarrassment, or a public whipping.

And as an additional incentive, I point you to the section
near the end on "How To Answer Questions in a Helpful Way":

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#id2889110

Everyone who thought this essay was only about *asking* questions
should read that, then go back and read the rest of it anyway. :-)

(And it's only 9957 or so words, not an ominous-sounding 10000!)

-Peter