[XML-SIG] minidom parse error - keyerror

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com
Sun Sep 12 00:49:21 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 04:51, Ajay wrote:
> Quoting Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com>:
>
> > On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 22:34, Ajay wrote:
> > > hi!

> > no

> > You've got some odd code here.  The following works for me (no errors):

> > Where "foo.xml" is the file I pasted in from your message.
>
> i should have put my import statements. i am actually trying to use minidom
> with xmlproc. thus the code really is
> from xml.dom.minidom import parse
> from xml.sax import make_parser
>
> parser=make_parser('xml.sax.drivers2.drv_xmlproc')
> ruleSet = parse('foo.xml', parser=parser)
>
> this throws the error i described earlier for the document which i also
> posted earlier.
>
> so what am i doing wrong?

I don't think you're doing anything especially wrong.  This looks like a
bug in pulldom.  Seems as though it can't handle "global" attributes
when fed from parsers that don't report namespace prefix mappings.

IOW,

<p3p:PURPOSE appel:connective="or">
             ^^^^^^

breaks in this case.

This will probably require some work in PullDOM to address :-(

Man, you seem to have the worst luck here.

Meet me at XMLOpen Sept 21-23 2004, Cambridge, UK.  http://xmlopen.org

A hands-on introduction to ISO Schematron - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/x-dw-xschematron-i.html
Wrestling HTML (using Python) - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2004/09/08/pyxml.html
XML circles the globe - http://www.javareport.com/article.asp?id=9797