Economic considerations

Jorge Godoy godoy at ieee.org
Sun Sep 19 20:43:56 EDT 2004

JanC <usenet_spam at janc.invalid> writes:

> Jorge Godoy schreef:
>
>> claird at lairds.us (Cameron Laird) writes:
>>
>>> Incidentally, my expert sources emphasize to me that GIMP still
>>> has a long way to go before it effectively rivals Photoshop.
>>
>> I've been told that too.  Maybe because I'm not into the graphics area I
>> think it works pretty well :-)
>
> Just try to make a CMYK separation or use Pantone colors in The GIMP and
> you'll know what they are talking about...  ;-)

To be honest, I have no idea what are these things for.  I just know
that there's something with regards to CMYK here, but I haven't seen
Pantone.  (OK, I know that these are color representation "tables", but
I don't know when to use one or the other or when to use RGB...  An
architect friend of mine explained that but she was talking about other
things too and I didn't pay much attention to that...)

--
Godoy.     <godoy at ieee.org>