Using Python to generate code?

Albert Hofkamp hat at se-126.se.wtb.tue.nl
Thu Sep 9 11:31:00 EDT 2004

On 9 Sep 2004 07:09:10 -0700, Tran Tuan Anh <anhtt at hotmail.com> wrote:
> - I'm familar with Java, C, C++, and Pascal, some experiences with
> SML. Could you elaborate about some Python's string-manipulation
> features?

I can never beat the online documentation:

http://www.python.org/doc, click 'Module index', click 'strings'.

I don't know where the string template thingies are described, but it
has to be there somewhere.

> - So now imagine if I have to convince my supervisor, an
> theoretic-non-progammer, about switching to Python for this code
> generator program, what kind of advantages I can get from doing so?

Same:

http://www.python.org/ look in the 'Documentation links', in particular
the 'introductions to python'. There is a section of links to convince
those that control what we do (they think :-) ).

[ python documentation is awesome, very complete and very good. Browse
  the website for answers to just about any question.
]

Albert
--
Unlike popular belief, the .doc format is not an open publically available format.