win32api.SetCursorPos() question

Gary Richardson garyr at fidalgo.net
Sat Sep 18 11:26:59 EDT 2004

I'm trying to use win32api.SetCursorPos() to position the cursor in a
Tkinter canvas window. I.e.:

from Tkinter import *
import win32api
root = Tk()
canvas = Canvas(root,  width=400, height=300, bg='white')
canvas.pack()
win32api.SetCursorPos(100,100)
root.mainloop()

But this code produces:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\scriptutils.py",
line 301, in RunScript
    exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__
  File "C:\My Documents\Python\Ascii\Script4.py", line 6, in ?
    win32api.SetCursorPos(100,100)
TypeError: SetCursorPos() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

Am I using this function incorrectly? A search on Google didn't turn up much
but I did find one bit of code in which it was used in this manner.

I suspect there may be other problems with this approach so any further
comments will be appreciated also. I'm using ActivePython 2.2.2 build 224 on
Win98SE.

Thanks,
Gary Richardson