up with PyGUI!

Jorge Godoy godoy at ieee.org
Fri Sep 17 10:37:54 EDT 2004

aleaxit at yahoo.com (Alex Martelli) writes:

> You like it and use it when you write software yourself, yet you
> expressed the desire that Qt didn't, so you could use it when you write
> software that's not free.  "Do unto others as you would have others do
> unto you" seems a fundamental, reasonable principle of fairness: aren't
> you violating it here, by using a license you wish others didn't use?

I don't see where, since all I said was that I wantd to *pay* less.  I
want it free when I write free software (in both senses of free here,
either alone or combined).  I already have saved a lot of money by using
free languages/compilers to write commercial software but if they costed
a fair amount, then I'd pay for it.  I don't think that 3 months os a
worker's salary is fair for any software.

Here, market segmentation would be useful :-)  (/me runs!)

Be seeing you,
--
Godoy.     <godoy at ieee.org>