about presicion

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 1 05:15:30 EDT 2004

Batista, Facundo <FBatista at uniFON.com.ar> wrote:

> [mensanator at aol.com]
>
> #- What I meant was the OP can't compare Decimal and gmpy unless he has
> #- a version of gmpy that runs in 2.4. Or has a version of Decimal that
> #- runs in 2.3.
>
> Decimal is designed to work in Py2.3 and it will be maintained that way.

I think that's an excellent policy -- Python 2.3 will no doubt remain
widely used for a long time to come.  I think it would be nice if
Decimal was packaged up with its own docs for easy download and install
into an existing 2.3 installation, then... make life as easy as possible
for 2.3 users who need to do some decimal arithmetic!

Alex