Don't let your babies grow up to be programmers (was: up with PyGUI!)

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Fri Sep 24 23:08:05 EDT 2004

In article <278de0e.0409241501.3bbfabd4 at posting.google.com>,
Neuruss <luismg at gmx.net> wrote:
			.
>You don't have to be affraid because Finland has everything to be rich
>and prosperous: a transparent political system, highly educated
>people, respect for law and a honest society.

And smoked herring.  Why, someday Finland will be the kind
of place where programmers will have the talent to produce
even, say, operating systems.

Disculpeme, Luis; it's hard to stay serious as we wander so
far from the topic of Python (although I think I can, in a
pinch, related smoked herring to Python).  You are right,
of course, that Finns can justly have pride and high expec-
tations for their nation.