allowing braces around suites

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 09:15:36 EDT 2004

[Antoon Pardon]
> Just because I think that
>
>   for ...
>     if ...
>       for
>         loop
>         code
>       endfor
>     endif
>   endfor
>   remainder
>
> is in general more readable than
>
>   for ...
>     if ...
>       for ...
>         loop
>         code
>   remainder
>
> I'm writing spaghetti code.

I would not go that far as to say that you are writing spaghetti code.
But I really think that the Python-styled code is easier to read. It
may be a matter of personal opinion. One distinct advantage of
Python's style is that it makes for a slightly shorter code, which in
turn fits better into the editing window. And nothing stops you from
using comments or whitespace to mark the end of the enclosed blocks.
So this is not necessary... and insisting loudly on your point doesn't
help, either.

--
Carlos Ribeiro
Consultoria em Projetos