Divisions of labor

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 25 13:31:52 EDT 2004

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Phaseit.net> wrote:
> feel more benefit in thinking about, for example, monads and categories.

Do you mean Leibnitz's (which I think I understand, but don't find very
applicable to my daily work) or Haskell's?  If the latter, WOW, I
finally may have a chance to GRASP them... I will freely admit that, so
far, they're the one part of that fascinating language to have escaped
my feeble mental powers.  I can use monads I'm given, mostly, but how
would I write my own, when would it be appropriate to do so, etc, IS
still quite mysterious to me...

Alex