Postgresql - Preferred Python Library

Cliff Wells clifford.wells at comcast.net
Thu Sep 9 21:54:11 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 16:21, Graeme Matthew wrote:
> Hi All
>

> I have noticed that there are a numbe rof client libraries for connecting to
> Postgres.
>
> Can anyone tell me what is the recommended Python library for database
> connections

I'd strongly recommend psycopg.  I've used both psycopg and the pgsql
module and found psycopg to be much more stable.  Unfortunately pgsql is
the module shipped with PostgreSQL, so you'll probably have to download
and compile psycpg yourself (and it isn't always particularly
straightforward.  Luckily it's worth the trouble.).

Regards,
Cliff

--
Cliff Wells <clifford.wells at comcast.net>