funcs vs vars in global namespace

David Rysdam drysdam at ll.mit.edu
Wed Sep 15 08:44:42 EDT 2004

David Rysdam wrote:

> Aha, yes indeed this gives me ideas.  Very excellent tutorial, I've
> saved it for when I manage to confuse myself again later.  I think I
> know just how to do what I want to do now, though I'm beginning to
> question the wisdom of providing the feature in question at all.  But if
> I'm going to, it should be right, so I still thank you.

I knew I was doing this the wrong way and I've just realized what the
Right Way is: I should just use objects instead of trying to manipulate
dictionaries.  When I make a new version of the "API", I just create a
new class to inherit from the previous version.

I'm a bit concerned that it took me so long to realize this...