open default MUA with a hyper link

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 6 09:21:12 EDT 2004

Nemesis <nem at nowhere.invalid> wrote:

> "Alex Martelli" wrote:
>
> [mailto trick]
> >> How can I use this syntax in order to specify also the body of the
> >> mail?
> > Study the mailto: syntax on any HTML reference, e.g.
> > http://docs.intellifuzz.com/readmore.php?p=39
>
> Thank you for the link.
> I tried that syntax, but it seems that Internet Explorer
> doesn't support multiline bodies :-/

Your choice is then to either upgrade to a better browser (IE has been
stagnant in features for years, resting on its laurels) or to drive IE
more intimately and "proprietarily" -- with win32com you can probably
make it turn somersaults, although your hair will whiten considerably
while you learn how to do so.

Alex