comparing datetime with date

Donnal Walter donnal at donnal.net
Thu Sep 16 06:39:45 EDT 2004

Peter Maas wrote:

> Diez B. Roggisch schrieb:
>
>> The matter is that you try to compare two different things here - so
>> its up
>> to the implementation if how it deals with this, as there is no canonical
>> way to compare two things that aren't even structural equivalent.
>

> datetime and date are different by implementation, not by meaning. Both
> are time intervals.

Actually both are time *points* (as opposed to time intervals) with
differing degress of precision. My problem is somewhat akin to comparing
4.0 with 4.00001. For some purposes it might be appropriate to consider
these two values to be the same, but I need for them to be different.

Donnal Walter
Arkansas Children's Hospital