up with PyGUI!

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 10:08:22 EDT 2004

On 23 Sep 2004 21:31:10 GMT, OKB (not okblacke)
<brennospambarn at nobrenspambarn.net> wrote:
>         I've recently been working on a system that lets you do that kind
> of thing.  It's a set of metaclasses that wrap the wxPython classes so
> you define your GUI with nested class structures.  Certain things are
> hard here because of the way class definitions are handled in Python,
> but I am making progress.

I think I have solved the first half of your problem. Please check my
"Call for suggestions" post from yesterday. I implemented a Container
metaclass that can take nested class declarations and generate a
representation with a few important features:

-- it's ordered (in the same order as the original declarations in the
source code)
-- all nested classes are converted to instances

Please check it, and let me know if you're interested. I'm focusing my
work on this part now, I'm purposefully not dealing with the GUI; I
have my own ideas regarding the GUI part, but let us solve one problem
at a time, right?

>         If anyone's interested, you can see an example of what the GUI code
> looks like at http://www.brenbarn.net/misc/idealgui.txt .  This is code
> that actually produces a working program with my current setup.  It
> won't work for anyone else, of course, because I haven't made my library
> available yet.  My main goal here, though, is to get it so the code
> LOOKS nice, so just seeing how the code looks will give you an idea of
> the style.

It seems like we're looking for similar solutions. I'm looking for
more people to start a separate discussion to avoid spamming c.l.py.
Please drop me a note if you're interested.

--
Carlos Ribeiro
Consultoria em Projetos
mail: carribeiro at gmail.com