Python in a Nutshell for Python 2.4

Josh Close narshe at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 10:58:22 EDT 2004

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 23:24:16 +0200, Alex Martelli <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The hardest part of writing the Nutshell was to decide what to include,
> or more precisely, what NOT to include, to make it as useful as possible
> within the 600-pages limit (I broke that limit, a bit, but not by much;
> it's 635 pages all told, I believe)
[snip]

I was just curious on your reason's behind it is all. Your nutshell
book is actually the only python book I own and I learned how to
program in python using it. I think it's very well written, just
curious why is all. Python.org does have all the modules docs anyone
could want also.

I've been meaning to pick up the cookbook also which I think you wrote
too...... I have a habbit of only buying O'Reilly books. I like their
layouts.

Thanks.

-Josh