[IronPython] Jim Hugunin's web log.

Neuruss luismg at gmx.net
Sun Sep 5 01:59:51 EDT 2004

> How naive are you?

I don't think I'm naive. I just don't suffer paranoia.

Regarding Ironpython, I just love to see it alive.
I love python, and I want to see it running everywhere. What's the
problem with python in the CLR? None! One place more to see it
running!

And if you don't like Microsoft, or you just hate it, or if you're one
of those guys who think that Redmond is ploting to destroy the world,
well, you still can use Cpython or Jython. You choose, it's up to you.

I just think that, being Microsoft and .NET (and now Mono and soon
dotgnu) so ubiquitous, it wont harm Python if someone creates an
implementation to take full advantage of this framework.

Hugunin already did an excellent job with Jython, and it's hard to
believe that while working for the evil empire he will come up with
the seed of destruction for python...