On-topic: Ubuntu Linux preview

Ville Vainio ville at spammers.com
Wed Sep 15 16:02:42 EDT 2004

Apparently Ubuntu Linux, by Canonical software (Mark Shuttleworth
et. al) has released a preview. Check it out at

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/

This is on topic in the sense that it's intended to be the heavily
Python oriented distro that Shuttleworth has talked about earlier
on. I didn't replace my Sarge yet (this time I'll wait for the
release, honest ;-), and it probably won't be very Python-oriented
yet, but this is bound to become interesting.

All that sh stuff is starting to look obsolete, even if it *is*
defendable for historic reasons...

--
Ville Vainio   http://tinyurl.com/2prnb