Mail extraction problem (something's wrong with split methods)

Diez B. Roggisch deetsNOSPAM at web.de
Sun Sep 12 12:11:38 EDT 2004

> I was wandering is there any way to modify my splitting code I already
> posted? The thing I want to implement is that the code would parse e-mail
> as usual and when it comes to these problematic spots, it removes
> unnecessary quotes and continues parsing...
>
> Is there anything that could be done?

Well, you could certainly code around these special cases - however, it
seems to me that whatever generates this mail is malfunctioning. Not on the
transport-layer, but from the thing that produces this

---Code block---

thingy.

What is that actually for? It looks as if  you try to reinvent the wheel and
produce your own encoding scheme for binary data - instead of doing this, I
suggest you use one of the several available standards, like uuencode or
others. These are covered by standard apis in python as well as in other
languages. Better go for them.

--
Regards,

Diez B. Roggisch