tuples allocated by formated print ?

keirr keir at mooncode.com
Wed Sep 8 16:36:59 EDT 2004

Alexander Hoffmann wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 September 2004 17:12, Jp Calderone wrote:
> > Alexander Hoffmann wrote:
<snip>
> two facts tell me that there is something wrong:
>  1. They contain personal data (for example concerning my example
from above,
> I find a tuple like ("alex", ).

I think you will see this if the tuples are inside functions, or other
persistant objects.

>  2. I have my program running on my workstation and it's size in
memory
> slightly increases over time.

It would be foolish of me to try and deduce too much from that, even
if I speculated as to how much time, and how slight the increase was.
Perhaps you could extract any suspect blocks of code and create a
harness
to run them repeatedly, looking for a clear indication of a memory
leak.

All the best,

 Keir.