telnetlib close not closing sockets

Yannick Turgeon nobody at nowhere.com
Thu Sep 23 16:27:20 EDT 2004

Mike,

Concerning you "expect()" problem (which is very similar to read_until())
Probably that it's working for 1, 2, 3 commands... but after a couple more
it's no more working? Is that your situation? I'll tell you a terrible
secret: Window's telnet is not sending you back only your command result.

You should read this post before working any harder:
http://groups.google.ca/groups?selm=RUSQc.43590%24Jq2.1867410%40news20.bellg
lobal.com

The solution:

If you're facing this, you'll have to use a Telnet Program using
"stream-mode". I'm not sure Windows' Telnet can do this. After long hours
searching what was happening, to finally find it was caused by Windows'
Telnet not respecting Telnet Protocol, my company bougth "Pragma
TelnetServer" and all my telnetlib problem finally went away. I learned
afterward about "stream-mode" so I don't know if Windows' Telnet offer this.

Really hope this help.

Yannick

news:ab19b1e4.0409231130.6d1e1b7e at posting.google.com...