using generators for event handling in python. (simpler version)

Robin Bryce robin at wiretooth.com
Fri Sep 3 00:27:39 EDT 2004

I removed the generalised exception passing and just deal with values
and StopIteration now. fork is gone but the behaviour is not. I've
chopped down the discussion a lot and removed the twisted examples. Also
made an effort to make the source more readable.

I had a think about what I was doing and why. I think what I'm saying is
that I want to pass values into a generator and leave it to that
generator to decide how to update its local attributes (its state) if at
all. I definitely need to carefully re-read:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/164044

This is the version with the above changes.

http://www.wiretooth.com/python/eventhub/valuehub_recipe.html

Still trying to think of tighter example that sums everything up.

Thanks,

Robin Bryce