Announcing PyCs, a new Python-like language on .Net

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 4 05:00:35 EDT 2004

Alex Martelli <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote:
> sneer at them), even though I'm not going to get involved (no version of
> dotNet's CLR runs on the Mac, I believe, so I'm not very interested in
> anything that requires the CLR).  But I do believe you CAN do much

I was wrong!  Thanks to Stefan Eischet for suggesting I try again: Mono
1.0.1 does install cleanly on my Mac (OS X 10.3.5, Xcode 1.5, fink
unstable, etc, I do keep it pretty updated but I don't think it matters
here) and IronPython runs on top of it (haven't done any thorough tests,
what with 2.4 alpha 3 requiring much more attention, but it does work
for trivial things at least).  So, maybe I'm more interested in CLR than
I knew I was, and might well (...once 2.4 is done and I can take a
breather from the cookbook's 2nd ed...) voice my opinion on pycs, boo,
whatever, in the appropriate fora (mailing lists I assume, I'll look
around when I _do_ get some 'copious spare time' to breathe...:-).

Sometimes it's NEAT to be wrong...:-)

Alex